Friday, June 15, 2012

Caroline's Three Month Update

3 Month Smile

Our smiley baby turned three months old Monday. I won't bore you again with my thoughts on time flying by. These photos were taken today, so only 4 days late. I'm doing better this time than I did with Riley. 
  • Caroline is still sleeping well, thankfully. She typically goes to bed about 8:30 and wakes up around 7:15 to eat. After that, she goes back down until I wake her up at 9:30. We will definitely take it. She would probably go back to sleep if I gave her the paci, but I would rather just feed her at that point. I don't think she's ready to go 13 hours without eating. 
  • She's still eating every 3 hours. I'm not sure when we'll make the switch to a 3.5 or 4 hour schedule. Since she spits up so much, I don't want to make her go too long. She never screams for food, but she's definitely willing to eat at the three hour mark. 
  • Sometimes I think the spit up is getting better overall. We still have eruptions after every feeding, but I'm noticing they're not as massive as they have been in the past. Either that or I just am used to them. I'm finally over worrying about it, I think. She's obviously growing just fine. 
  • Speaking of growing, we had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and she weighs 12 lbs, 10 oz. Caroline doesn't look chubby, but she's definitely more substantial than Riley was at this age. Riley weighed 12 lbs. on the dot at her four month appointment. It will be interesting to see how much Caroline weighs at hers. 
  • We're still getting giggles out of our girl. Just a little while ago as I was putting her down for her nap, she was laughing at me. I don't remember Riley laughing as a baby, but I'm sure she did. Either way, we have two happy girls and for that we're quite thankful.
I'll leave you with a few of my favorites from our 3 month photo shoot. This wasn't our best, but we managed to get a couple keepers. 

IMG_3126IMG_2978

IMG_3082

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe she sleeps so long! Nathan's average long stretch is 4, MAYBE 5 hours. My other ones were sleeping a good 8 hours by this time so I was very spoiled.
    She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete